Monday 13 August 2012

Its fascinating how brick and mortar turns in to buildings


My father never wanted me to enter into construction business. In an exclusive interview, Sushil Ansal, chairman of ansal property spoke to this news paper about the mission he has for his company and about the journey so far.

Q:What does the estate business mean to you? Is it a profession to make mega bugs or a passion?
Sushil Ansal says:It’s definitely a passion for me.it’s fascinating to see mere bricks and mortar turn to king size building .Moreover ;unless you do anything passionately you cannot put in the best. So, my stint in real estate sector for over 40 years has been a satisfying one.
Q: Were you always determined to enter into business or did it happen by coincidence?
Sushil Ansal says: My father never wanted me to enter the construction business, but I was fascinated to see how a raw price of land turned to skyscrapers. In fact, my father wanted me to be an IAS officer but my interest was not in bureaucracy. As a school boy, I used to accompany my father to construction sites and with time my fascination for the construction business multiplied.
Q: Is there any profound childhood memory that you would like to share with us?
Sushil Ansal says: I have lived in delhi for over 50 years now and I have seen the transformation of the city. Of all the profound memories that I have, I will always miss my stay at Daryaganj, which was very close to Yamuna river .In my leisure time I used to take my hat and fishing rod to catch fish in Yamuna. iIwould also swim in the river. i don’t think I will ever get to do that again.
Q : Amidst such a busy schedule what helps you rejuvenate?
Sushil Ansal says: I love Reading non –fiction and self help books. Chanting Gayatri mantra is very close to my heart and Thoroughly enjoy doing so in my free time.
Q: what are your expectations from the next generation for this business?
Sushil Ansal says: There are some business ethics that have been adhering to so far. We would like those business ethics, conducts and practices to be further strengthened as we go along the times. My son Pranav is a dynamic and versatile entrepreneur, who will take the company to new horizons. He has been the guiding force behind the fast expansion of the company’s brand name to new geographies in the area of township development and innovative commercial set ups with international standards. We have professionalized the company so that it is not only entrepreneur-driven but also professionally driven. And that’s the spirit of Ansal API.

1 comment:

  1. I read this blog completely, it really helps me. It increase my Knowledge. If you are looking luxury apartments in Gurgaon, then you must visit Signature Global Deluxe DXP. It is one of the finest apartments in Gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete